How could Jesus offer his body and blood
at the Last Supper when he had not yet died?
Why did He choose to use bread and wine
instead of another food or drink?
Did the earliest Christians have the same
beliefs about the Eucharist as we do today?
Protestants dismiss it. Secularists mock it. And yet the Eucharist is the cornerstone—the greatest sacrament—of the Roman Catholic Church.
The Catechism calls it the “source and summit of the Christian life.”
Pope Benedict insisted that it is essential to the “spreading of God’s Kingdom and the growth of the civilization of love.”
St. Maximilian Kolbe said, “If angels could be jealous of men, they would be so for one reason: Holy Communion.”
And yet, so many of us struggle to see Christ in the Eucharist, leaving our spiritual and prayer life suffering as we seek genuine union with God and a path to peace and happiness.
Now comes The Most Holy Eucharist, written by the wise Opus Dei priest Fr. Thomas McGovern. Page after page, you will find yourself reaping the spiritual harvest that a fuller understanding of the Eucharist brings, and you will grow in confidence that the Eucharist is a sure refuge and a never-failing source of spiritual strength.
Huge in scope and yet simple and readable, The Most Holy Eucharist covers virtually everything there is to know about the Most Holy Eucharist—and it does so while weaving together the harmonious teachings of the Word of God and the Doctors of the Catholic Church, and even the latest insights from Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI.
Fr. Thomas McGovern also explains for you . . .
- How the saints and martyrs of the earliest church instructed their catechumens to approach the Eucharist.
- The clear and direct responsibilities of all laypeople in the mission of Christ’s priesthood.
- Simple ways you can unite your sufferings with Christ at every Mass.
- How the Mass is a participation in the one and only sacrifice of Christ on Calvary.
- The three ways in which Christ presents himself in the Eucharist.
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: why the graces flowing from it are even more abundant than those offered through Holy Communion.
- Simple ways you can begin showing Christ your love for him during Mass.
- Answered prayers: Why God is unable to refuse anything if you offer him his Son and the merits of his Passion and death.
The Most Holy Eucharist will clear up the dark clouds of unacceptable doctrine and practice while arming you against the Evil One who sows seeds of doubt and tries to prevent you from being in union with Christ.
Let this book give you the clarity and strength needed for this spiritual struggle, and you will experience the radiant and unflinching love of Our Lord through His Blessed Sacrament.