About this item
The Art of Spiritual Warfare
Since the beginning of time, a fierce spiritual battle has raged between the forces of good and evil. Today the spiritual entities of wickedness are winning, burdening countless souls in a world lacerated by evil.
To claim victory, God is calling us to engage in spiritual warfare as the only way to save the world from the desolation that is sure to come.
In these pages, theologian Venatius Oforka explains that we are part of a spiritual web through which God acts to save souls. No longer does God create out of nothing. Instead, He achieves His purposes through the prayers and actions we pour in.
To win such a sophisticated war, Oforka introduces us to the supernatural weapons of war and how we can shape the events that affect our earthly and eternal destiny.
From Father Oforka, you will learn:
- How the ministry of intercession can bring salvation to millions of hopeless souls
- How to frustrate the Devil’s evil schemes
- How to free yourself from the encumbrances of the flesh so you can fully participate in spiritual warfare
- The two basic actions Christians must undertake to survive evil days
- The profound advantage you have over Satan and his works
- How and why God needs intercessors to save souls
- Why God requires us to act before He steps in
- The critical role of the angels and the saints in fighting evil
- The importance of suffering in spiritual warfare
- Why God needs our prayers to make His Kingdom come
The Art of Spiritual Warfare is the one book you need to awaken our world from its spiritual hibernation and to exercise the awesome privilege of working with God in the realization of His Kingdom.
Are you still tempted? Then reach for this modest book by Fr. P.J. Michel, S.J., a savvy professor of theology whose wisdom and common sense have been forged not only in the classroom, but by decades of ardent prayer and service to penitent souls in the confessional.
Here Fr. Michel explains where your temptations come from and helps rid you of them (and of your fear of them). He teaches you how to best respond to the different kinds of temptations that assail you, and he even shows you how to profit spiritually from your temptations, no matter how strong or frequent they may be! From these clear, succinct pages you’ll learn:
- Why you, in particular, are still tempted (and why God allows it)
- Whether your temptations show that you’ve turned away from God
- Whether the evil thoughts and impulses that afflict you regularly are merely temptations . . . or sins to which you have somehow consented
- Whether your temptations are a test, a punishment, neither, or both
- How to arm yourself against temptations… before they occur
- When it’s better simply to ignore — rather than battle — certain temptations
- The one, simple thing you must do when strong, persistent temptations occupy your mind
- What makes it easier to fend off sensual temptations
- Which temptations you must never reason with (as did poor Eve, to her sorrow – and ours!)
- What to do about temptations that arise from acts of virtue (e.g. pride that you’ve fasted well)
- The one promise of God you must be sure to remember when temptations discourage you
- And why you must never yield to despair, especially after you’ve yielded to temptations (and what to do instead)
No additional discounts are available on this specially priced set.