About this item
It's typical these days for a couple to meet, sleep together after the third date, and then get married within two years.
If you're satisfied with this, then I don't think you'll like this book. But if you think the dating scene has gone awry and would prefer that your relationships fortify rather than undermine your dignity and self-respect, then this book is for you.
In these pages, the wise Fr. Morrow will help you create a plan of action for your dating life that is drawn from his own dating experience (he entered the seminary at age 34 after many years of dating) and from his considerable pastoral work as a chaplain for Christian singles groups.
He'll show you what to look for in a potential spouse – and the tell-tale signs that you should walk away now. You'll learn how to get rid of a bad date, and you'll discover the one thing that stands out among all successful relationships. Fr. Morrow will show you how to tame your senses and temper your imagination, and how to show affection without going too far.
You'll also learn:
- What love is – and what it isn't
- How to deal with loneliness and uncertainty
- The unique roles of men and women in Christian dating
- Seven steps to finding Mr. or Mrs. Right
- Where to go to strengthen your chances of finding a good Catholic
- How to quickly end bad relationships
- Three rules for communicating dissatisfaction gently and diplomatically
- When to share past sins – and when not to
- The six steps to marriage preparation
It's better to be single and wish you were married, than to be married and wish you were single. Read these pages, and you'll be given the wise advice you need to develop deep and lasting relationships that help you grow in love for each other and for God.