About this item
You may have read the Catechism of the Catholic Church and you may have studied The Baltimore Catechism, too, but if you don’t know the Catechism that Jesus gave us, you don’t know your Faith.
Christ taught us the Lord’s Prayer as the first and most important of all our catechisms. If you haven’t considered it carefully, now’s the time to begin — and here’s the book to help you uncover the riches Christ placed in these familiar words.
Unlock the secrets of the Lord's Prayer
Msgr. Romano Guardini, acclaimed author of The Rosary of Our Lady and The Art of Praying, here reveals the holy wisdom of these 55 words from Jesus. With Msgr. Guardini's gentle help, you'll:
- Develop a greater love for the Lord's Prayer
- Come to understand God's tender care for you
- Discover His holy will for you
- Learn how to live always in His love
- Develop the strength to live in conformity with His holy will
In a word, The Lord's Prayer will help you to pray better . . . and to live better.
- Phrase-by-phrase, word-by-word explanations
- Frequent references to holy Scripture
- Written for persons of all faiths, and non-believers too!
- Why you must say "Our Father," not "My Father"
- How the Lord's Prayer shows that our God differs from pagan gods
- "Our daily bread": it doesn't mean what most people think it means
- "Thy will be done": how this petition is the heart of the Our Father
- How the Lord's Prayer calls you to sustain the Kingdom of God
- Why God does not "deliver us from evil," but permits sin, even when the innocent suffer from it
- And much more!