About this item
The Manly Art of Raising a Daughter
There is a fierce battle happening between Our Lord and Satan for the soul of your daughter. If God is to win, you must do your part as a man, leading her as the Good Shepherd leads us all. You’ve got to stop being an overworked, out-of-touch father, and become the firm but gentle leader of your home.
In these honest and insightful pages – based on decades of his own experiences with his three daughters – author Alan Migliorato admits that it takes sustained efforts to learn the manly art of raising a daughter. But the reward is great, yielding just the kind of father-daughter relationship your daughter needs if she is to grow into a strong, well-balanced woman of faith.
Among other things you’ll learn here are:
• How to repair a damaged relationship with your daughter – and even your wife
• Why it’s important to know your daughter’s friends – and how to do it
• How to teach your daughter to put God first in her life
• The three things you must know about dealing with your daughter’s boyfriend
• How to teach your daughter to defend herself physically, emotionally, and spiritually
• The five signs your daughter is addicted to social media – and what to do about it
• The seven things you must do to be a manly man
With the help of the wise advice in these pages, your daughter will grow holier, your marriage better, and your family happier – all because you’ve mastered the manly art of raising a daughter!
Truth about Saint Joseph
Joseph is the most hidden of the saints – a simple, retiring, and humble man of Nazareth. His exterior life reveals nothing extraordinary or striking. Yet he is exalted by the Church as, next to Mary herself, the greatest of all the saints and even Patron of the Universal Church.
Do you know why?
Apparently, the Church knows more about St. Joseph than most of us do. This remarkable book finally breaks the silence.
Drawing not on private revelations or pious legends, this beautiful and edifying work unearths many truths about St. Joseph hidden in the Gospel, to bring them to light and make use of them in Joseph’s honor.
Here you’ll encounter surprising details about the life Joseph led on Earth in the most intimate companionship of Christ as well as the role he is playing even today in the life of the Universal Church.
Among the things you’ll discover:
- Why it’s essential that Joseph be descended from King David
- Why this descendent of Kings was fated to live in poverty and obscurity
- How Joseph was glorious even in his poverty and humiliation
- What his daily life in Nazareth was like
- Why toil and suffering were constant companions to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
- How he sanctified his daily labor, and how you can sanctify yours
- Why, without Joseph, Mary could not have become the Mother of God
- Why Joseph particularly welcomed the visit of the shepherds
- How — and why — Joseph was essential to the hidden life of Jesus in Nazareth
- How Joseph was able to remain calm and courageous in affliction and danger; and how you can, too!
- The three ways in which St. Joseph is an image of the Heavenly Father Himself
- Why he’s known as “God’s right-hand man”
- How even now St. Joseph is a benefactor to all members of Christ’s kingdom, including you!
- Why his death was the happiest a man has ever endured (and three ways he can help yours be happy, too)
- Why, in times of perplexity, St. Joseph is best the saint to turn to
- Four reasons St. Joseph particularly deserves your devotion today
- And much more!
No additional discounts may be applied to this specially priced set.