About this item
In concise, straightforward prose, author Dan Burke here provides an invaluable road map for spiritual growth, complete with signposts to help ensure that you remain on the right path. He guides you through the hazardous terrain that can threaten your spiritual health and shows you how to discern God's will daily and follow it in a meaningful way.
Through intensive study of the major Catholic mystics, Dan has acquired the keys to developing a more meaningful relationship with Christ, which he shares with you in this indispensable volume. The pearls of wisdom you will gain here include the following:
- How to identify the state of your spiritual life — and the optimal path for your future spiritual growth
- The three critical steps to authentic repentance
- How to know if you are ready (or not ready) for spiritual direction
- The questions you must ask to determine the appropriateness of any potential spiritual director
- How to identify your root sin
- How to develop a rule of life that will help you grow in virtue and spiritual discipline
If you follow the time-tested advice in this book, your faith is sure to grow stronger as you purposefully, consistently, and substantively grow in your relationship with God and neighbor.