About this item
25 popes consider St. Thomas Aquinas the Church's preeminent theologian because he saw truths about God, our Faith, and the Christian life which had never been seen before.
But do you have time to read the 3,000 pages in his Summa Theologica? Do you struggle to understand the abstract theological terms he uses in On Being and Essence?
Perhaps you, like so many of us, desire to be taught by such a great philosopher as Aquinas, but feel he is well beyond your reach. Not anymore.
In The One-Minute Aquinas, veteran Catholic author Dr. Kevin Vost provides you with simple, readable explanations of St. Thomas's life-giving wisdom.
In this book's lucid pages, you'll read small, digestible portions of St. Thomas's answers to questions such as . . .
- Why do souls need the sacraments?
- Why didn't Jesus write the Bible himself?
- What are simple proofs of God's existence?
- What is heaven, and what is it not?
- Why did Jesus allow himself to be crucified?
- How can I grow quickly in virtue?
- Who are the angels and what are their powers?
- What is God's power and its limits?
- Why did God become man?
- Why did Jesus allow himself to be tempted?
And you'll learn countless, but quick, refutations to the relativistic and secular ideas that are so destructive to our culture today.
We're not all called to be intellectuals, but we are called to have an ever deeper understanding of our Faith.