About this item
There is one commonality among every saint: they all have deep faith in God that was lived out in their daily lives. Fr. Maurice Emelu explains here how the faith of Abraham, Moses, Mary, and other biblical figures evolved, and how their journey serves as a roadmap for how our faith-life can be built, nourished, and grown.
Drawing on his West African roots as well as his many years of pastoral ministry, Fr. Emelu combines the story-telling culture of Africa with a Western worldview to offer a unique perspective on the nature of faith and what it means to grow closer to the Lord.
Theological yet practical, these pages show you what the journey of faith looks like, and explains the essential elements to a life of faith which can transform not only lives, but society itself. You’ll also learn:
- The four main stages of every person’s journey of faith
- How you can grow from the elementary forms of divine realization to deeper awareness of God
- How the journey of faith proceeds from the simple to the complex, and from the known to the unknown
- How faith is essential for understanding truth and fully realizing the gift of reason
- Why Abraham and the Blessed Mother are the best models for living out God’s will
- The various forms of doubt that can hurt – and even help – our relationship with the Lord
- Ways in which faith can break the boundaries of fear and pride
- How faith is a source of unity not division among peoples
Faith is not an individual’s private dominion. It is the core of our identity as religious beings. Read this book, and you will not only deepen your own faith in God, you will develop a greater appreciation of the transforming power of faith.