About this item
Saving the Family
Family meals make for happy families … when you approach them properly!
These hale and hearty pages show you how to transform your family mealtimes into joyful occasions that even teenagers will love.
From hundreds of happy families worldwide, acclaimed television chef Rev. Leo Patalinghug has gathered scores of practical tips that foster gratitude and conviviality at mealtimes. They’ll work in your home, too, strengthening the ties that bind, no matter how emotionally close or distant your family members may presently be.
Read these pages to learn how to initiate pleasant mealtime rituals, deal with difficult dinner conversations, and, more importantly, steer your loved ones through the joys and tribulations of everyday life.
With the help of Rev. Leo’s keen spiritual insights as well his many conversation starters, real-world exercises, and sublime recipes, you’ll soon find yourself nourishing your family — body, mind, and soul — one meal at a time!
The Catholic Family Handbook
Time-tested strategies to help you strengthen your marriage and raise good kids
Here is a crucial book for you if you want to shield your family from the effects of our selfish secular culture, which destroys families and poisons relationships.
Fr. Lawrence Lovasik, the renowned author of The Hidden Power of Kindness, gives faithful Catholics all the essential ingredients of a stable and loving Catholic marriage and family — ingredients that are in danger of being lost in our turbulent age.
Using Scripture and Church teachings in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format, Fr. Lovasik helps you understand the proper role of the Catholic father and mother and the blessings of family. He shows you how you can secure happiness in marriage, develop the virtues necessary for a successful marriage, raise children in a truly Catholic way, and much more.
Let Fr. Lovasik strengthen your marriage and family as you discover:
- Three things you can learn from the Holy Family about living as a family today
- The secret of gaining God’s blessing and peace upon your family: do you know it?
- Four crucial lessons no school can teach to your children (only you can!)
- Why marital happiness is not automatic, but must be earned (and how to earn it)
- Common mistakes fathers make that can damage their families irrevocably
- The primary requirement for family happiness: does your family measure up?
- The secret of overcoming the anger that can disrupt any relationship
- Eleven simple steps you can take to bring harmony to your marriage right now
- Are you selfish? Sixteen searching questions to ask yourself in order to find out
- Four qualities that every good parent has: can you name them? Do you have them?
- Sex education: how to navigate this minefield in a way that is good for your kids
- Plus much more that will help you imbue your family with Catholic values!
No additional discounts may be applied to this specially priced set.