About this item
Here is a brief, lucid, readable work that will help you finally not merely draw closer to Christ but abide in his presence today, tomorrow, and ever after.
In it, Fr. Basil Maturin, a holy priest wise in the ways of the soul, explains what you must do — and what you must allow Christ to do — in order to come to know Him as you should.
In chapters written for souls hungry to improve their spiritual lives, Fr. Maturin shows you how to move beyond the conquest of particular vices and develop true friendship with Christ. You’ll learn not merely how to pray but also how to combine prayer with the other spiritual virtues that are essential to sure progress in the spiritual life. With Fr. Maturin’s help, you’ll soon develop a strong and vigorous character that shines with the bright virtues and that lead you finally to an encounter — face-to-face — with Christ Himself.
From Fr. Maturin you’ll learn:
- The one virtue that breaks open the soul to admit God’s abundant grace
- How — even while here on Earth — you may become like the angels
- The two things you must do to discern God’s will for you
- Why fervor is no measure of devotion
- How training your mind will improve your prayers
- Distractions: how to deal with them efficiently… And charitably
- How to discover your best times for prayer
- The sense of God’s presence: how to make it your armor against both crippling introspection, heedless self-abandonment, and even ordinary, everyday distractions
- Why, if you don’t actively cultivate your inner life, you’ll wind up lost in outer things
- How — if you let Him! — God perfects you through your vocation (Plus: the particular things you must do so as not to stand in His way)
- And much more to form your soul and bring you closer to Christ.