About this item
Habits of prayer are mere bondage unless they change who you are. The key to spiritual growth is passing from the law of prohibitions into the influences of the Beatitudes. You’ll learn how by following the secrets of this holy priest.
Fr. Basil Maturin, a priest wise in the ways of the soul, explains in these pages what you must do — and what you must allow Christ to do — in order to come to know Him as you should.
In chapters written for souls hungry to improve their spiritual lives, Fr. Maturin shows you how to move beyond the conquest of particular vices and develop true friendship with Christ.
You'll learn not merely how to pray, but also how to combine prayer with the spiritual virtues that are essential to sure progress in the spiritual life.
With Fr. Maturin's help, you'll soon develop a strong and vigorous character that shines with bright virtues and leads you to an encounter — face-to-face — with Christ Himself. Fr. Maturin you'll learn . . .
- The one virtue that breaks open the soul to admit God's abundant grace
- The two things you must do to discern God's will for you
- Why fervor is no measure of devotion
- How to train your mind and improve your prayers
- Distractions: how to deal with them efficiently . . . and charitably
- The sense of God's presence: how to make it your armor against both crippling introspection, heedless self-abandonment, and even ordinary distractions
- Why your general intention to improve is not sufficient
- And much more to form your soul and bring you closer to Christ
Read this book, and you will soon be drawn closer to Christ as you abide in His presence today, tomorrow, and ever after.