About this item
Most new parents expect to lose sleep, savings, and serenity, but many don’t anticipate how their spiritual lives will be impacted by the birth of a child. Investing in your family’s spiritual well-being before new members arrive will give you a fresh mindset for embracing your vocation and will help you to find godly purpose in the midst of the excitement to come. This is a book that will help you develop a home brimming with love, peace, and faith that will help your family get to Heaven.
The Prayer Book for Tired Parents includes relatable, real-life reflections on the struggles that parents with young children face, as well as heartwarming stories on how they can make you a stronger parent and a better Catholic. You’ll also find traditional prayers and popular devotions related to parenting, along with a list of reverent reminders to facilitate family prayer and practice of the Faith. This handy “springboard to sanctity” also includes:
- Reflection questions and tips from seasoned parents on forming children in our world of activities and technology
- Inspiration from the lives of the saints who will intercede for you in your work as parents
- Practical resources to root your family in Catholic conviction and stoke your fervor for the Faith
- Techniques for forming habits of prayer and gratitude in your daily life, individually and as a family
- Appreciable and attainable ways to cultivate charity and grow in the love of God
- Sacramental strategies for fostering virtue, combating vice, and establishing healthy routines
Mother Angelica once quipped, “I want you to have a new concept of holiness. You’ve got to be holy where you are: washing the dishes, at the office, at school. Where you are, you can be holy there.” Like parenthood, the road to holiness is challenging and can be exhausting. However, this book will give you confidence in knowing that you have a plan of action, that you are not alone, and that countless other parents have grown in their love for God despite life’s myriad challenges.