About this item
Joseph is the most hidden of the saints – a simple, retiring, and humble man of Nazareth. His exterior life reveals nothing extraordinary or striking. Yet he is exalted by the Church as, next to Mary herself, the greatest of all the saints and even Patron of the Universal Church.
Do you know why?
Apparently, the Church knows more about St. Joseph than most of us do. This remarkable book finally breaks the silence.
Drawing not on private revelations or pious legends, this beautiful and edifying work unearths many truths about St. Joseph hidden in the Gospel, to bring them to light and make use of them in Joseph’s honor.
Here you’ll encounter surprising details about the life Joseph led on Earth in the most intimate companionship of Christ as well as the role he is playing even today in the life of the Universal Church.
Among the things you’ll discover:
- Why it’s essential that Joseph be descended from King David
- Why this descendent of Kings was fated to live in poverty and obscurity
- How Joseph was glorious even in his poverty and humiliation
- What his daily life in Nazareth was like
- Why toil and suffering were constant companions to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
- How he sanctified his daily labor, and how you can sanctify yours
- Why, without Joseph, Mary could not have become the Mother of God
- Why Joseph particularly welcomed the visit of the shepherds
- How — and why — Joseph was essential to the hidden life of Jesus in Nazareth
- How Joseph was able to remain calm and courageous in affliction and danger; and how you can, too!
- The three ways in which St. Joseph is an image of the Heavenly Father Himself
- Why he’s known as “God’s right-hand man”
- How even now St. Joseph is a benefactor to all members of Christ’s kingdom, including you!
- Why his death was the happiest a man has ever endured (and three ways he can help yours be happy, too)
- Why, in times of perplexity, St. Joseph is best the saint to turn to
- Four reasons St. Joseph particularly deserves your devotion today
- And much more!
Watching Jesus grow daily in wisdom and grace, the Blessed Virgin Mary pondered in her heart the secrets of her divine Son.
Because Our Lady watched Christ grow each and every day, she created the most valuable manual of Christian perfection that can be had: her own heart.
When from the Cross Jesus said, “Behold your mother,” He invited us to read that manual — the book of the heart of Mary — wherein are found the secrets of the King.
Unfortunately, few of Mary’s words have come down to us, so we must read her heart as she read the heart of Jesus. We must ponder not only her words, but also the events of her life — her attitudes, her actions, and even her silence.
By imitating Our Lady, our lives — like hers — may also come to be full of grace.
In The Little Book of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Fr. Raoul Plus helps us do just that, opening for us the book of the heart of Mary in the simplest yet most vivid ways.
In pages filled with great devotion and penetrating wisdom, he moves us past modern misunderstandings and clichés about Mary into an encounter with the woman who was so remarkable that God Himself made her His spouse!
The Little Book of the Blessed Virgin Mary will awaken in you the thoughts and emotions that lead to deeper union with Mary and with her beloved son, Jesus.
No additional discounts are available on this specially priced set.