About this item
Some people look at the Bible and see a collection of stories that teach us how to live good and happy lives. Others regard it more as a historical record of the Jewish and Christian peoples. Still others prefer to stress that Scripture is nothing less than the voice of God revealed to mankind. In this classic work you'll discover that the Bible is all of these things, and more.
Written especially for average Catholics, who often find the Bible intimidating, What is the Bible? makes sense of the sprawling scope of Sacred Scripture. With patience, clarity, and great learning, beloved popular scholar Henri Daniel-Rops sheds light on the Bible's divine origins, its structure and content, its rich layers of meaning, and its place at the heart of Catholic doctrine and worship.
What is the Bible? will show you:
- How the Bible went from the spoken word to the written word
- What divine inspiration means — and what it doesn't
- Why some apostolic writings are in the Bible and others aren't
- Why some biblical stories resemble ancient myths
- How the Bible relates to secular history and archaeology
- The right way to interpret miracle accounts in the Bible
- Three ways to understand the meaning of Scripture
- How to read and pray with the Bible regularly
- Plus much more to help you profit from God's written Word
Don't separate yourself from the manifold treasures that Scripture has to offer you. Read What is the Bible? today and gain a deeper understanding of God's wisdom, and of the ways He has revealed Himself to us throughout history.