About this item
Crisis magazine called this book:
"The clearest and most comprehensive argument against the theological dissenters ever written."
This riveting book will show you why the Church has been in crisis since the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965) — and what must be done about it.
Dr. Ralph McInerny here reveals the causes of the devastation in the Church. You'll discover that Vatican II didn't:
- Teach a new Faith
- Do away with Tradition
- Set up a new, democratic Church
- Give Catholics permission to disagree with the Church in the name of conscience.
Read this dramatic narrative to learn how the council was hijacked and how interpretation of its decrees has been controlled since then by Catholics with an agenda different from what the council taught. Best of all, you'll learn from Ralph McInerny what must be done now to take back the council and the Church.
Among the many eye-opening things you'll learn:
- Why theologians invoke the so-called "spirit of Vatican II" — against what the council really says
- Why John XXIII wanted a council: it wasn't to "throw open Church windows to the modern world"!
- Authority in the Church: how confusion about it began — and the steps that have to be taken to end it now
- Humanae Vitae: the appalling story of how the birth-control encyclical was used to start a revolution in the Church — and overwhelm the real message of Vatican II
- Rejecting the council: why this is not a legitimate option for faithful Catholics
- The one essential point you must know about the council if you are to understand its significance for the Church in our time — and help restore the Church